Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chat With #19


We recently set down for a chat with Averill High Soccer player Ben P. Ben is currently the leading scorer on the Beaver squad for the 2008 season.

Q: You have 19 goals in 5 games, what has been the key to your success so far?

A: Lots of practice and support from my teammates and coaches. But it's not all about me, I've gotten the goals not by myself, but from the help of my teammates. Also 19 is my lucky number because it is also my uniform number.

Q: You played hockey in the past, "How does this differ from soccer?"

A: It takes alot of work to play both sports and I love the competition. Hockey is more aggressive, and more enduring then soccer. Soccer is easier on your body, and personally I like it better, because I've played it since third or fourth grade

Q: Has playing soccer made your experience at Good Will-Hinckley a positive thing?

A: Yes it's positive because I've learned alot of new things, such as getting my homework done so I can participate in sports. This is a major accomplishment for me!

Q: With two wins so far, is the attitude of the team and community positive towars the soccer team and athletics in general?

A: Yes we're all happy that we have two wins under our belts but personally I'm not satisfied and neither is our goalie Zack M. With the fans cheering us on how could things go wrong?

No comments: